20051127

out of the loop

as more evidence that I live my life in non-focused intense spurts comes the National Writing Month of November. How did I miss this? I hang around with the wrong people. Too many technophiles. No wait, not sure I'd rather hang around writers. Very few writers fail to annoy me.


National writing month. It is the 27th. I must write something. God I wish I had heard about nanowrimo.org in October. An online portal with one objective: pump out 50k words in one month. The quoted objective is quantity, not quality. This is a very liberating idea for me. To be given the chance to communicate with thousands of other writers all of whom are going to look at the first process only, and not for a finished product, and judge you as such... because they are in the same position. NEXT YEAR.

in any case, I must write something in the next 3 days.

No comments: